Compliance & Ethics Specialist IV
Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration’s Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation’s housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com
Utilize broad expertise or unique knowledge in leading and performing assignments related to planning, directing, and/or executing procedures by the organization to comply with laws or regulations governing how it conducts its business. Develop procedures or business processes that are compliant and instruct managers in their use. Conduct compliance reviews and analyses and report findings to responsible corporate management. Prepare reports in standard formats to regulatory agencies. Interact with regulators in planning activities or changes to business processes that are subject to regulation.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and execute high-level strategies and plans involving reviews of processes, transactions, recordkeeping, and communications that are subject to specific regulations affecting the business.
- Act as internal consultant for the compliance/ethics staff and for cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with regulations and policies. Study highly complex data. Present insights and learning. Identify potential risk areas. Advise management of significant findings.
- Gather data, reports, and documentation pertinent to regulatory reports and filings for regulatory agencies. Implement optimum solutions considering policies and current regulations.
- Prepare recommendations of policies and procedures for future regulatory reporting and compliance.
- Design, develop, and maintain processes to track, monitor, and report activities. Evaluate results and identify trends and anomalies. Present findings and suggest best practices.
- Design, develop, and deliver training on legal and regulatory requirements. Follow up with business unit management and staff regarding corporate training and mandatory classes.
- Lead or perform highly complex projects involving technology or the development of new procedures as a subject matter expert. Ensure that pertinent legal and regulatory concerns are addressed in the project’s outcomes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- 8 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word (SharePoint is a plus).
- Demonstrated competence in researching and analyzing company processes and policies.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, to all management levels.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to see multiple projects through to completion simultaneously.
- Knowledge of basic risk analysis, process review, and testing techniques used to gather sufficient/relevant evidence (e.g., inquiry, observation, inspection, re-performance).
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Function as a liaison to internal departments to analyze risks, identify compliance control gaps or weaknesses, recommend control enhancements, and monitor remediation efforts.
- Identify ongoing process improvements, operational gaps, and potential remediation activities.
- Design, develop, and maintain processes to track, monitor, and report compliance control activities.
- Evaluate new processes, policies, and procedures for risk and compliance impacts.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.